Golf League Tracker Release Notes
- Add settings to be able to split skins by League Group
- Fixed issue where Mac users would retain session, and would have to kill their browser before being able to log in again.
- Rewrite League Setup main screen to MVC
- Rewrite Player administration to MVC
- Rewrite Tee Time administration to MVC
- Rewrite League Date administration to MVC
- Rewrite Create Schedule administration to MVC
- Rewrite Historical Scores administration to MVC
- Enhanced auto scheduling so you can schedule withing Leauge Groups (or not), or schedule and leave schedule as is for specific weeks.
- Updated project libraries to newest versions
- Added League Group filter to more reports
- Moved Skins to MVC
- Moved Custom Contests to MVC
- Moved League Scoring Average to the MVC reporting from the old classic asp
- Added total line to W/L/T report
- Added an "average" capability for reports summary lines
- Show/Hide expired sub request options
- Options to drop best/worst point totals in the "Season Long Point Summary" report
- Exception was thrown when an admin tried to move a group which was only partially scheduled (i.e. 2 players in a 4 player group)
- Individual point summary update wasn't breaking out "Team Groups" properly
- Schedule for All Teams/Players was showing groups even if the administrator left a group blank in the schedule
- Major clean up of design for mobile devices in the Statistics section. Large tables now scroll right/left if they don't fit on the screen
- Show/Hide expired sub request options
- Report optimizations.
- Skins are calculated when League Standings or Skins Summary is pulled up rather than after each scorecard entry
- More options when live scoring is enabled to only view leaderboard
- Option for stroke play points by position to score by Groups or for all league
- Included Group filter on w/l/t stat screen
- Live scoring prev/next holes to rollover to first/last hole
- Setting for max strokes given and max strokes received vs course
- Small redesign of stat screen to categorize the League Standings stats into logical groups.
- Sub Opt In flag was not being recognized in all cases
- Optimized query for add/move/remove rounds screen
- Error would be thrown when system would try to resend emails to a sub whose e-mail address had been removed since initial communication
- Fixed some bad breadcrumb links
- Scorecards stroke display under certain circumstances
- Live scoring option to switch divisions if multi-division league
- New Live Scoring leaderboard screen
- Double par +1 ESC Option
- Live scoring date rather by round # to handle leagues with split tee times
- New security model to conform with industry standard
- Combined logins for leagues with multiple divisions into one login
- Live scoring pilot program
- Scorecard update
- Team point stroke play position options
- Fix to date/time timezone set to eastern time rather than UTC
New Stroke Play format: Set up a point system to automatically award points for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, either by
an absolute point system, or a percentage based payout
- Added option to include skins entry on the scorecard for Net/Gross skins (NG)
- Multi-tee box support. Add more than 1 tee box which will be used for scorecards, handicap calculation, and point distribution
- New Setting: Combine same teebox info on scorecards
- Moved entire system to Microsoft Azure for superior performance, monitoring, and up time
- New 3rd party e-mail system which handles mass e-mail more efficiently
- Rewrite of the Sub Request system to link a sub request to a date rather than a round number
- New Setting: Copy League Admins for Sub Requests
- New Setting: Copy Teammate on Sub Request Emails
- New Setting: Blind Copy When sending Email to Players
- New Setting: Show Date/Time on Schedule
- New Setting: Show subs on schedule
- New Settings: Max strokes for par 3/4/5 for Net Skins
- Preselect a reserved sub automatically when entering scores
- Automatically choose the sub reserved in the sub request when entering scores
- Added net skins settings for max # of strokes on par 3s, 4s and 5s. This replaces the yes/no for "no strokes on par 3s" option
- Finalize score matchups finally working properly with subs
- Invalid e-mail handling added. Any e-mails returned to the GLT servers will be flagged as invalid and highlighted in the player list
- When retrieving schedule, the next round to be played will automatically be pulled up
- Implemented some internal e-mail configuration so a mail server can be switched in case of an issue with the primary server
- A "switch division" functionality in the mobile menu for leagues with more than 1 division.
- Individual Point summary Group Filter
- New Setting: Points for showing up
- New Setting: Option for league admins to get copied on sub requests
- New Setting: Team leagues, points for low net for A vs B and B vs A matches
- New Setting: Points for low Best Ball team net score for 2-player teams
- Validation to signup screen so customers have to put in valid e-mail addresses
- Season Long Point Summary report: Filter by Player/Team Groups
- Set league date option for leagues with custom dates
- Improved formatting of tables and charts on various pages
- Rewrote e-mail library for more consitent formatted e-mails
- Player Dashboard score history tick marks didn't line up with graph
- Re-flight option when a sub was playing was not working in certain circumstances
- New Report: Individual stroke play summary. Allows you to view every score (net or gross) by each player on one screen for the entire season, and to filter those by best or worst X number of scores
- Added option to show player/team numbers and names on the intial score entry screen
- Sub request page clean up
- Sign up page data validation enhancements
- Changes Excel export to CSV. Decided to do this because the Excel export required Flash with some browsers, and CSV does not
- Updated bootstrap styles which were preventing pages from printing in color
- New Setting: Minimum points when playing the course
- New Setting: Minimum points when playing a sub
- New Setting: Team points when both players win their individual match play match, as well as the option on how to handle those points if both players do not win (split or drop the extra points).
- New Setting: Team points for the team who wins the most individual match play holes.
- Added filtering so that only those settings which apply to each league type are displayed.
- Added a group filter for the settings to make the categories more readable
- Simplified the signup process
- Change to the setting for "Max Difference in Score Over Handicap Calculation". Was calculating the limit incorrect under certain circumstances.
- Workaround for IE and Safari as they were losing session when deleting scorecards under certain circumstances.
- New setting: Option to play off low man in net skins
- New report: Team Bestball Stroke Play Results. Shows net score for the best ball team
- New Handicap padding option. Instead of handicap padding being on or off, you can now specify how many padding scores you want the system to use. Great for leagues who take scores from the whole season to calculate handicap, yet want only a few padding scores for new players
- Thorough speed and performance testing of the site, and optimized pages where necessary to decrease loading time.
- Internal code refactoring
- Redo of League Setup section for updatable grid for links
- Internal rework of some pages and styling, page routing
- Added new landing pages for SEO purposes
- New standings screen which combines rounds for leagues with split tee times into one screen
- Added Gift Certificate acceptance
- Added the option to use a flat (fixed) skins pot for both gross and net skins
- 18 hole league separate point settings for front and back 9 low net totals
- 18 hole leagues - display in/out totals when entering scores
- Convert stats and several pages to use Bootstrap for responsive design compatibility
- Settings Module - Ability to change all of your league settings from the admin
- Conversion of several pages to .NET from Classic ASP for performance and upgradability improvements
- Ability to customize which columns you want to see in the league standings screen
- Ability to swap order of players when entering scores for 2-man teams (team order or flight order).
- Ability to enter multiple e-mail addresses for players
- More options for team total handicaps
- Added Team Best Ball handicap options
- More scorecard printing options
- 2-man Scramble Format setting so schedule and grouping are calculated correctly
- More style tweaks and updates for better tablet/mobile/desktop cross compatibility
- Allow a Par 6 to be entered into the course administration
- Removed automatic login credentials from e-mails users send
- Fix to e-mail limitation from my hosting provider which was affecting some deliveries of sub requests
- Workaround for how Chrome is now handling numeric inputs (c'mon guys, get it together! stop changing this!)
- Historical scores was requiring rating/slope even when rating/slope wasn't used by the league
- Changed the Disqus discussion forum code
- Stableford Team Total match points were not calculated corretly in some circumstances
- Formatting of 12:00 noon and 12:00 midnight were not correct
- The ability to edit scorecards and enter partial card
- New "Theming". Choose your own color theme!
- Complete UI redesign
- HTTPS Security
- Updated several 3rd party libraries for better graphing and tables
- Even better compatibility with mobile devices and tablets.
- Improvement to 18-hole reporting
- 9 hole totals for 18 hole leagues on various stats pages
- Added a net score display option for the detailed scoresheet
- Extra name column for 18 hole scorecards
- Delete player functionality
- Added ability to change tee times for groups by dragging them to the order wanted
- Added option to display team/player names in the "All Weeks/All Teams" schedule
- Added course handicap calculation for leagues who use rating/slope
- Added Team Points Summary stats
- Verifying a sub request sometimes cause an error in the system
- Move round after rainout sometimes moved it to the incorrect week
- Handicap for net skins was sometimes calculated incorrectly, *only for the display in the standings*. Net skin winners were always calculated correct.
- Added new live chat capability with my customers!
- New Season Point Summmary stat which shows points for every week by every team/player on one screen
- New login screen and toolbar
- Added more validation of schedule maintenance screen to prevent invalid schedules from being entered
- Added Carry Over Skins options to carry the pot over to the next week if there were no winners
- Added more options for team best ball for handicaps
- Change to print scorecard to handle more formats
- New page to differentiate between new customer and a returning customer to streamline the process
- Add new "How to run a golf league" page to help people with an overview of running leagues
- Ran system through penatration testing to check for security vulnerabilities
- Check if a course is used in the system and don't allow delete if it is
- Fix to teams assignment where it was possible to put the same player on two teams
- Added ability to calculate handicap using course rating and slope rather than par.
- Added course rating and slope to the course setup.
- Added a function to manage rainouts, with the ability to move a rainout round to another round in the league.
- Broke out points for teams and individuals and added reports to include this data.
- Added high/low scoring point system
- Added a player dashboard to the league home page
- Added sorting ability to the player list by name and handicap.
- For 2-player team leagues, added ability to save custom contest results for a team in addition to an individual.
- Added function to allow administrators to add a week to their league in mid-season.
- When a timeout occurs, system will remember which page you were on and forward you to that page after you log in.
- Optimized all of the reports for better printing
- Added the sent date for a sub request to the system
- Added an averages summary in the stats, Stroke Play Results screen
- Put in checks and balances to prevent scores from being entered on one screen while the schedule is changed on another, and vice versa.
Handicaps less than 0 and > -0.5 were being rounded and displayed as "-0". This is fixed.
- Added an "out" and "in" column in the printed scorecards for 18 hole leagues.
- Setting to limit number of shots a player gets in match play against another opponent
- Various related links in the admin.
- In the "How Is My Handicap Calculated" screen, include the round in the history which last rolled off the player's score list.
- In the auto scheduler for 18 hole leagues, only "front & back" can be chosen
- Removed auto selecting sub form drop down when entering scores. The sub was autoselected from the sub request, but the system wasn't updating the handicap correctly.
- Any time handicap calculation is done, the "after" handicap is updated for the latest week which is entered. Previously the logic was to update the "after" only if it had not been updated yet. This occasionally caused the "after" handicap to be out of sync with the actual current handicap.
- Player Image delete threw an error.
- Delete extra tee times if the admin changes the number of players in the league setup.
- Added a configurable "Tips" section which I can apply to various screens for help, allowing the user to dismiss the messages
- Addeed verbiage about AOL DMARC policy for e-mails.
- Change the textbox type when entering league links from a textarea to a one line text box.
- Changed the net score display style to conform with other scoring styles.
- Modified some styles to play nice with FireFox 29
- Disable the "Enter Scores" button when the validation on subs/absent players isn't kosher, as well as when the user picks a sub and the system is attempting to update the handicap for that player. System was allowing user to click the button while the update was happening.
- Added better help verbiage to the screen for max points for absent players/sub in View League Settings
- Update to internal code called DataTables to the latest version for printing/exporting some of the grids.
- Highlighted the ScoreCards tab when in the Delete Scorecard function.
- Net score was not being displayed correctly in Standings for 18 hole leagues
- Time of day was being displayed incorrectly for hours with 2 digits (i.e. 10, 11, 12)
- Fixed bad breadcrumb links in the Stats / Contest Winners page
- Changed the code to flight the players correctly for 2-player leagues that are set to Static Flights. Subs weren't being flighted correctly
- Various code to handle when Handicap % is set to 0. Was causing a divide by 0 error on some pages.
- Fixed column alignment on some pages when printing.
- Added code to remove extra tee times when an admin reduces the size of their league.
- Internal changes to how points are related to a player, sub, and course
- Added a "custom dates" flag for a league. If a league doesn't play on a weekly basis, GLT support can set specific dates, and prevent the admin from changing them.
- Added option of printing strokes on the scorecard using numbers instead of slash marks.
- Added another way of sending e-mail by using your default email program on your computer.
- Added validation on team setup making sure there that all teams are set before saving.
- Option in individual point report to include points won by the course and/or sub for that player.
- Styling change to net scores in the detailed scoring sheet.
- Fix point display in standings sheet which would errornously show points for an absent player in certain circumstances.
- Removed extra line spaces in the league news.
- Increased timeout value for sending large emails.
- Internal code to allow me to clear scores for an entire league easily
- Logic for leagues who don't allow negative handicaps
- E-mail optimizations so it plays nicely with the server. This should help in reducing e-mail bounces
- Logic in determining team points for team winning the most holes
- Record Results throwing an error under certain circumstances for leagues with static flights
- Logic in rounding handicaps properly
- Altered some graphics for the buy now option.
- Purchase schedule now requires an even number of teams
- The calculation of the max weeks for unpaid leagues, making it standard throughout the site
- Added options for handicap for team best ball. 1) use same as individual match, 2) use absolute handicaps, and 3) handicap based off low player
- Added option in printing scorecards to mark scorecard strokes based off of low player for 2-person team leagues
- A couple of broken links in breadcrumbs
- The ability to edit contest winners instead of deleting and readding them
- The format of some reports for better display
- Error when recording results under certain combinations for 2-man teams, players without handicaps, and absent players
- Golf League Tracker partnership information
- Added the ability for players to print their own scorecards
- Added point value for when team wins the most points
- Reserve sub function only allowed once the schedule is complete
- Now allowing spaces in the user ID or passwords
- Overall team schedule fixed when leagues play on more than 1 course
- Sub opt-out request had an error under certain circumstances
- Ability for players to print their own score cards from the schedule screen
- Point calculation bug for points for an individual winning the most holes.
- Problem adding a new customer for the referral program
- Don't show e-mail link for league contacts if an e-mail wasn't entered
- Avoid sending duplicate e-mails to players and league admins
- Various formatting and making-the-site-pretty fixes.
Added an option to have the system not reflight team players based on handicap. By default the system will always take the lower
handicapped player and make them the "A" flight. With this option turned on, flights are set by the league secretary.
- Problem generating chart in some stats sections when no scores were available.
- Stats totals weren't totally correctly in certain circumstances.
- 'View League Settings' weren't showing all of the settings available
- New scoring methods for team play added: team totals per hole. Also added the groundwork for other new team piont systems for future revisions.
- Scoresheet when recording points altered to incorporate new team totals, as well as a change in the way the scores look for easier viewing.
- The ability to enter historical scores for players for handicapping purposes
- Passed monthly penetration test for security purposes.
- Streamlined the header and account settings section
New custom league contest section, allows admins to add a contest not tracked by score (e.g. Long Drive, Closest to the pin). You can add as many contest as you like, tracking the winner by week, hole number, distance, money, and player.
- New option for 2-person teams which allows the admin to switch the matchup so A filght plays against B flight. This option can be changed in the League Setup admin screen and is effective for any scores going forward.
- Major mobile site optimizations. Removed the stand alone mobile website and changed styling of main site to be optimized with mobile devices. This will be an ongoing enhancement as new devices are released.
- Added a drop down to the Detailed Points Scoresheet to display the net score for match play and/or stableford
- Miscalculation of stableford points under certain circumstances.
- Style enhancements on some pages
- Added a stroke play leader board in the statistics section for net and gross score
Changed the display of points in the record results setting to ignore whether opponent has
a handicap or not. While this doesn't change the functionality, it gives the display
- Fixed some broken links throughout the site
- Added Microsoft conversion code
- Fixed a bug in setting up courses if an empty course name was entered
- Fixed a bug in league dates when updating skipped dates
- Fixed a bad link in league date admin
- Fixed a bug in course summary stats when there was no stats available
- Scoring options for Stableford Point System
- Additonal options for match play scoring in determing match winner
- An HTML editor for email, league rules, and league news
- New HTML5 charts in the stats section
- Enhanced the detailed score sheet to better display points, totals, and net scores
- Refactored scoring code to better incorporate future point systems
- Change to view league settings to show the new options
- Adjusted the logic in asking if the league should be copied to the new year for leagues who span across the year change. Now the system checks if the last scheduled date is at least 30 days ago before prompting to copy.
- Adjusted the logic for the default year drop down for customers whose leagues span the new year.
- Added optional comment section for tee times to display on the schedule and printed scorecards
- Major redesign of Golf League Tracker interface
- Several internal rewrites to accomodate new scoring features for 2014 (soon to come!)
- Added an optional comment section for each tee time for leagues with shotgun starts to indicate starting hole numbers.
- Redesign of the league dates setup to (hopefully!) simplify the process.
- A second look at design to better accomodate 18 hole leagues
A number of new settings for Net Skins:
- Handicap %
- Max # of Strokes
- Half strokes per hole
- Option to turn off strokes on par 3s
- A number of different views on the standings screen to filter scores for All scores, net skins, gross skins, all absolute net scores.
- Standings screen sometimes counted the number of skins incorrectly in the skins summary. Note that the Skins Details in the Stats section is correct.
- League Scoring summaries. Compiles best scores for individual and teams
- Course Summary Statistics which ranks each hole by average over/under par
Additional error handling to tell me if someone hits a non-existant page on the site
- Revamp of the admin pages and flow to better handle the additional options for scorecards and subs
- Ability of the league administrator to send a sub request on behalf of another player, eliminating the need to verify the request.
- Ability of the league administrator to cancel or reinstate outstanding sub requests.
- The ability to export many of the stats to Excel or PDF with a simple button click
- The standings would display a handicap even when a player was absent.
- Display showing that league is in test mode overlapped the buttons. Change the style to fix this.
- Added net score display for several of the statistic pages.
- Phone numbers not displaying for the player list in the non-admin player list page. Made display of phone numbers consistent through all pages.
- Allow the administrator to add a sub reservation even if the match date is in the past.
- Fix to stats by year where an error would occur if the player had no scores in the system.
Sub Request Feature. Allows a player to request a sub, and a sub can then reserve his spot. Notifications are sent to the original player, and the sub will
appear on the scorecard when printed.
- Allow the league admin to manage sub reservations in the admin section without e-mail approvals
Print Scorecard layout altered to accomodate sub request feature, including the sub on the scorecard itself,
and layout more typically like a regular scorecard
- Changed layout of Manage Scores admin screen to group similar functionality.
- Fix to print scorecards for 18 hole leagues
- An issue where the system didn't think a schedule was set under certain circumstances.
- A problem retrieving a matchup when the current week has no schedule set.
- Style updates so the site renders better in IE7. Please upgrade!!!
- Changed some logic in retrieving players when entering scores to prevent retrieval of invalid tee time.
- A problem calculating net match when the course played for both players in 2-person leagues
- Better internal issue reporting
- Error when a user's session times out on the Choose Players screen, and the admin chooses a sub
- Changed the logic in determining if the team setup was complete. Giving erroneous results if a player was moved to the inactive list.
- Review scores screen wouldn't pull up scores if the first score for the week was the course
- Tweaked the design for 18 hole leagues so the scores fit better on the screen
- Fixed Low Net calculation for 18 hole leagues
- Tweaked design of low net screen
- Maximum points when a player was absent was not being applied in certain circumstances
- Hide the "Retrieve Matchup" button when the tee time is changed until he page gets refreshed. If a user clicked on the button before the page was refreshed, an error could occur.
- Altered the width of the columns in the Record Results screen so the points textbox would fit better.
- Fixed a bug in Record Results which could occur under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug in Stats/Scoring Average where an error would occur when stats were retrieved when no rounds existed.
- An error occurred when viewing the Detailed Points Sheet when all the scores were not yet entered for the week
- Discussion forums not working for league names with a ' in their name
- Admins will now be forced to enter all scorecards before proceeding to the following week.
- Standings threw an error when Net score was being calculated for a player without a handicap
- Adding a sub from the Enter Scores screen was throwing an error if the player didn't have a handicap entered
- Standings now allow players to view the standings sheet in Net or Gross score.
- System not allowing points to be recorded when two players from the same team were absent
- Fixed a bug in Stats/Scoring Average that threw an error when the number of rounds was zero.
- Added release notes, and versioning for better tracking of issues and updates.
- Several UI enhancements
- Internal changes to the way player images are stored which will improve performance.
- Internal code refactoring which will improve performance
- Added a statistics page called Scoring History to enable a player to see all of their scores from any course compiled into one screen.
- Several changes to the way scores are entered. For 2-man teams, if a player is absent, gives the ability to choose either the course, or the teammate to "play for" the absent player.
- Warning when a sub is chosen who doesn't have an established handicap
- Changed the "Review Scores" screen for the admin which will show just the scores that were entered.
- Allows admin to override points for absent players
- When Recording Results, default to the first week in which points have yet to be recorded
- Ability to change a player's handicap when entering scores just for that round